Does every pet owner want to serve the most healthy bowl meal to their beloved pets? But what suits you is not always pleasant for little buddies. Feeding animal friends requires a lot of research and understanding about their foods. Do you serve them what you eat? Well, you are making a big blunder. Many animal food myths are around, and people tend to believe most of them. We are busting the most common myths about animals food, and you could decide whether they are relevant or not!
10 most common myths about animals food
• Pets can feed on table Leftovers– Every pet like dogs, cats, or other creatures have distinct nutritional requirements. Their meal must consist of items that do not cause harm to them. Although there’s no harm in allowing your pet to binge scrap vegetables or healthy meat, consider the amounts and type. Also, do not expose them to foods with high sugar and fat content as that could, at times, turn fatal for them.
• Giving more Pet Food can Increase corn Consumption– Pet meals indeed comprise corn composition in a comparatively higher value. Corn stuff is easy to digest and possess exact nutrients that your little companions need to stay fit. Prominent inclusions like carbohydrates, proteins, and essential fatty acids make this food perfect for them. These animal food myths might be acceptable to some extent.
• Pet food with Branding is Bad– Well, this depends on the type of pet food you choose for your pet. Many top-notch brands provide quality food for pets with the essential components of nutrients. In this context, members from the Pet Food Association Canada go through extensive research to figure out the perfect products for pets. They came up with the list of pet food brands that are 100% safe and secure. A balanced proportion of nutrients contributes to the superior health of animals. Taking a glimpse of food labeling and the list of ingredients can help determine the ideal options.
• If I am Vegetarian, my Pet can be the Same– Another most common myth about animal food is the assumption about their requirements. Do you have dogs as pets? If yes, you must be well aware that they are carnivores and attain major protein crunch from fresh meats. Protein value from animal sources is a must for their healthy survival. However, at times they could enjoy a bowl of nutritious soup or vegetables along with you. Plant-based proteins could not deliver them the desirable proportion of contents they require. Being an obligatory carnivore, they need specific portions of animal protein for a happy day.
• Opting for Grain-Free Pet Food is the right choice– This is also amongst most common animal food myths. Many believe that pets are allergic to grains, and in some instances, it is true as well. Small pets have a weaker digestive system, and the ingestion of hard grains might cause discomfort. But for the majority of them, grain food is helpful in nourishment and growth. A study says that there is no major problem associated with grain food in pets.
• My Pet Loves Dry Food– Reliability on such animals food myths might be real to an extent. Several dry foods packed with perfect nutritional values that help in growth and endurance. Again the same rule applies. Checking out the list of ingredients is the central aspect. Compiling the combination of dry and wet foods can be the ideal way to retain your cats’ and dogs’ health. Every meal has several health advantages, and you can take consultations to pick the best choice.
• Fat Based Food might be Harmful to my Pet– Most prevalent myths about animal food also constitute of this one. We have a habit of making false assumptions about dietary supplements for our pet animals. Projecting the pet needs is essential to arrive at any conclusion. Understand that the pets are not more prone to cardiac diseases like humans and could intake fats in an entirely healthy manner.
• Raw Foods are Advisable for Pets– Next, up animals food myths include the inclusion of raw foods in animal meals. Raw foods have always been animal favorites, and they enjoy munching on them. The only hindrance with raw foods is that the pet owner cannot figure out whether the nutritional needs are met or not. Formulated pet foods take care of a balanced diet.
• My Pets tooth might get Dirty with Raw Foods– Another animal food myth is that the pet food is inefficient in retaining the cleanliness of your pet’s tooth. But the fact is a crunchy texture from raw foods enables mechanical abrasion and develops better dental health for your pets. You can hunt in the market for the specific pet foods that ensure apt crunch for your darling pet.
• Meat by-Products are not Advisable for pet– Do not get into any such assumptions without knowing the exact facts behind it. Meat by-product refers to any animal part that refrains from including muscle meat. In the packaged pet foods available in the market, you can avail of the exact type of meat by-products that are favorable for the pet.
Feeding small pets requires a lot of in-depth knowledge about the viable option for their dietary requirement. With the most common myths about animal food, people tend to confuse themselves with the right methods to feed animals. Above all, the specially designed pet foods undergo the entire research and present you with the ideal options that engross good health and endurance in little pets.