Ever wondered how would your pet react watching you cuddle with the little munchkin?! How comfortable he would be with the new family member?! If not, then it’s the right time to do so! How to introduce new-born Baby to your dog would be a less troublesome question when done right and at the right time, ensuring the baby’s safety. So, let’s peek into some important things to be taken care of and unfold the secrets to the adorable bond to be built! We are here to cheer up your mood with these Funny and Cute Pictures of Dog Planking.
How to introduce new-born Baby to your dog
It would be much easier and better if the pet is trained beforehand. Here are some essential points to be considered while understanding How to introduce new-born Baby to your dog and preparing your dog before the baby arrives-
- As of now, the dog would have been used to all your attention, but after the baby arrives, it would be shared. So, try to gradually decrease the amount of attention you give to your dog on a daily basis.
- Do not completely avoid attending the dog, instead give undivided attention rather than giving multiple times throughout the day. This would help the dog not feel jealous when the baby arrives.
It would be much easier for the four-legged therapist to accept the two-legged tot if it gets to know about the baby’s aura.
- Start with introducing the dog to baby products like baby lotion, baby oil, allowing it to sniff and get familiar.
- Activate the dog’s physical senses by making it come in contact with the toys like dolls that look and sound like real babies. This would help the dog accept the baby much quickly.
- Try contacting the dog on the parts that the baby is much likely to touch like tail, leash, ears, etc.
- Training plays a vital role in grooming the pet as well as in making it comfortable with the baby. Start training early, by making sure the dog understands the basic commands like- ‘Sit’, ‘Drop’, ‘Out’, ‘No’, ‘Quite’.
- If the dog is much pampered one, then training is the crucial thing to do.
- Try making a regular routine, which should be followed completely like taking rest on unusual times.
- Try taking the pup to the kids’ play area where it can interact with lots of kids.
- Provide your dog with a space that is fully dedicated to them, close enough to the family.
- Place the dog’s essentials at the same place, so it would be handy and easier for the dog to have them easily and would stop commotion from taking place.
- This would limit the dog’s entry to unnecessary places like the baby’s bed or cradle.
- Provide the pet with its own belongings like a food bowl, toys, bed, etc., which lessens the chances of the dog bumping on to the baby’s belongings.
Yippee! The little bundle of joy has arrived and it’s time to understand How to introduce new-born Baby to your dog. Here are some essential points to be considered while preparing your dog after the baby has arrived-
- Ensure that your dog has a harness put on before bringing the baby home.
- Carefully understand How to introduce new-born Baby to your dog and so its future bestie by allowing it to sniff the baby but not making any contact.
- Ensure that the dog is clean and well healthy before it comes in contact with the baby. Also, ensure that the dog’s nails are finely trimmed.
- Make sure that the baby doesn’t come in contact with the dog’s tail which would stop the dog from being aggressive or harmful.
- Ensure that the doggo doesn’t lick the baby.
- Make sure that the dog’s hair does not stay around the baby’s laundry. For that, regularly brush the dog and maintain hygiene.
- Never leave the baby alone with the hound.
- Again activate the dog’s new senses by allowing it to sniff the baby’s belongings like cradle or bed, blanket, so as to make it familiar with the aura.
- Allow to the baby to make gentle touches to the pup. The baby would find the fur comforting and the tail playful.
According to a survey, 90 percent human prefer smaller dogs as their companions than the large ones. Are you confused about it? Don’t you worry! We have got you a list and information of Famous Small Long Haired Dog Breeds to consider before adopting one.
Try establishing a positive and peaceful relationship between the baby and the dog. This could be brought into action by doing some of the following things-
- Taking the baby and the dog for a walk together.
- Feeding them at the same time.
- Bathing them at the same time.
- If it’s getting harder for the dog to cope with the small human and you find some unnatural behavior, try consulting a behaviorist.
- Show affection towards your hound by rewarding it for good behavior.
- If found growling, make sure to calm them quickly, by speaking in a soft voice.
- Do not punish the canine verbally or physically.
- Consult a behaviorist if the behavior persists for a longer duration.
The dog finds the little human cute and is likely to be around them once they become known to each other. Hope this helps your baby and the doggo go hand in hand and become butt besties. If you did not plan to have your mutt and just adopted it. So here we are with 10 steps to understanding How to Identify Mutt Dog Breed. Make sure to provide lots of love to both and sing ROCKABYE!!!!!